A gift certificate (or gift card) to a local “experience” is a great alternative to a “thing” that will just get put in a closet somewhere.
- Facial or spa body treatment
- Mani or pedi
- A full day at a day spa
- Dinner at their favorite restaurant
- Concert tickets
- Gift card to the local movie theatre
- Tickets to a play or musical
- Tickets to a museum exhibit
- Dance lessons, music lessons, art lessons, or any other kind of instructional lessons or course, or a one-day workshop on a favorite topic.
- Gym or Y
- Subscription to online periodical
- Subscription to streaming movie or music website
- Subscription to paid website of interest (e.g. Ancestry.com for the budding genealogist)
- Gift membership to museum, association, or other organization of interest
For those who can afford to, or have been saving up for, a slightly more lavish gift, consider a trip out of town:
- One night away – at a cabin, hotel, bed and breakfast, houseboat, camping, etc.
- A weekend get-away (or longer) to a natural preserve, hot springs spa, amusement park, favorite city, to see a show, etc.
- A cruise
Services for the Home
Make sure these services are wanted and desired before purchasing, otherwise it could be taken as a slight!
- Decorating consultant
- Painting service or other type of home repair service
- One-time visit or series of visits by a cleaning service
- A session with a Professional Organizer
- Have a beloved piece of antique furniture refinished or reupholstered
- Cover a series of training sessions for a mischievous dog
- A house-sitter or pet-sitter to stay with the house during a trip
Hopefully, this list gives you some ideas to start with. Now get out there and make this your best clutter-free holiday!